A vision for my life - Because what we focus on expands

Thursday, September 20, 2007

09/20/07: The Last Push

With IM FL only 44 days away, I'm down the the last, and largest, training block before my much anticipated taper begins. The next three weeks have training hours of 14.75, 16.25 and 17.75.....

This week started out with the usual group swim, at 3300 yds:

WU: 200 swim; 50 kick

2x500

broken 500 (sets are all out) 50, 10" rest; 50, 20" rest; 100, 30" rest; 100, 1' rest; 200 (11:19-2' = 9:19)

6x50 kick: 2 easy, 1 hard, on 1'20"

50 easy

400 8'30"
1' rest
2x200 on 4'30"
1'rest
4x100 on 2'15"

With the rainy weather continuing, running the bridges after swimming was out of the question, so I hit the treadmill for a 1/2 hour.

I did some interval work, increasing perceived exertion every minute by changing the pace, elevation, or both. The set looked something like:

5 minute warmup

5x:

RPE 6 1 minute
RPE 7 1 minute
RPE 8 1 minute
RPE 9 1 minute

5 minute cool down

Last night was 1.25 on the bike. I had absolutely no desire to be on my trainer, so I headed to Ballys for a spin class. The last time I did a spin class a few months back I was pretty much anaerobic the entire time, or at least I would have been had I kept up with what they were trying to do.

A few months later I did all of the silly out of the seat stuff, and was pleasantly surprised to see my HR stay around 145-155, which is exactly where I keep it during my real rides. Bally's did a great job with the spin bikes, putting comuters on them that give cadence and distance, as well as being polar compatible, giving me heart rate the whole time; all the numbers I need for riding indoors or out. Thanks Ballys!!

Since the spin class was only 45 minutes, I got on my rollers for a 1/2 hour when I got home. My balance is definitely improving the more time I spend on them; in fact, I was brave enough to get out of the doorway and put the roller in the living room in between two dining room chairs....next up - trying to ride aero on them.....

Tonights another group swim and hour run, before the weekend of another century ride at the Swampman, a long swim of 4k'ish, and a 2.5 hour run.

Live with purpose....Enjoy the adventure....

1 comment:

Real Deal said...

Sounds like you are doing really well on your training. Keep up the great work!