A vision for my life - Because what we focus on expands

Monday, February 4, 2008

A new way of getting my ass kicked....

Pilates....aka 20 different ways to do crunches and ensure I cannot situp without assistance....

Although I haven't been blogging nearly as much, I am finally back to working out somewhat consistently. I got in a great 8 mile beach run on Saturday, and a 2 hour ride on Sunday, all while putting the finishing touches on Elle's room.

This weekend we finished painting, so the room was all set for her furniture to arrive today :) Pictures to follow.

The gate river run is on March 8 and is coming quickly. I did a bit of easier base building over the last 4 weeks to get going again, and over the next 4 weeks I plan to add some intervals and tempo runs.

It'll be interesting to see if I can set a PR at that distance, relying mainly on the base I built over the last couple of years. Two years ago I put up a pretty decent time (at least for me) while training for my first marathon. This time around, I'm only running a couple of days a week, and am cycling x 2, hitting pilates x 1 and lifting weights x1.

At the moment I'm much more focused on overall health and fitness than training for any particular events (although you'd never know it from my nutrition lately).

Live with purpose....Enjoy the adventure....

1 comment:

Tea said...

I'm so excited for you. I'm sure you'll post pictures here when the time comes????