A vision for my life - Because what we focus on expands

Sunday, July 8, 2007

07/08/07: The Week in Review

The good, the bad and....well, there wasn't really any ugly.

Let's start with the bad. I got a speeding ticket on the way home from last night's beach run. I vaguely recall someone warning me about a lot of cops being out a week or so ago. Yip - Lori was right.....enough said.

Now, if I may, a bit of a divergance - and since it's my blog I certainly may....I'm a pretty tolerant person, although there's one thing that absolutely drives me up a wall - selfishness.

Imagine this: you join a swimming group for the sole purpose of improving your swimming technique while building some endurance. You have a coach for spefically that purpose. The coach gives you, and the 6 or 7 other people in the lane, a set to do. 6 of the people are doing it, and one person decides that they'd rather do their own thing and are slowly paddling along doing the backstroke, while everyone else is trying to swim. Can you guess what happens? Total gridlock in our lane :(

When I politely point out to the person in question that she's holding everyone else up and that with this many people in the lane she really needs to be doing the same thing as the rest of us, she of course realized how frustrating we were getting with her holding us all up, right? Of course not; instead, I had to hear about how things were at the pool three years ago. UGGGHHHH.....

Note to self: never mud wrestle with a pig. You get dirty and the pig likes it.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Now, onto the good.....

This week I had planned 10 hours: 3 swim, 4.25 bike and 2.75 run.

I ended up with 12.31 hours:

Swimming: 4.5 hours, going 4.1 miles. I'm ok going over here. I had originally build my plan around 3 1 hour swims. The group swims are 1 1/2 hours each. Plus, since swimming is 0 impact and doesn't take too much of an aerobic toll, no harm done.

Biking: 5.06 hours, going 88.73 miles. The overage came today on a group ride. I was scheduled to do a 2 1/2 hour ride today. The group ride was slated for 50-60 miles. We ended up doing 58 miles in just over three hours. The nice thing about riding in a group is drafting. It made for a very easy ride, even with the time I spend up front pulling. Overall I went over the schedule by 45 minutes - I can live with that, especially since today's ride was pretty easy, even if it was longer than I had planned. After the ride I ate pretty much everything in sight, even though I drank 750 calories worth of perpetuem plus had 2 gels on the ride (another 200 calories). Hmmm....

Running: 2.75 hours, going 17.96 miles: right on target. I particularly enjoyed running on the beach at low tide last night, which is by far my favorite run. Fortunately, if you don't like the weather in Florida, wait 15 minutes, it'll change. At 7:15 there was a severe thunderstorm watch and heavy downpoors at the beach. By 7:30 it was sunny with a beatuful rainbow over the ocean......

Overall, a very good week. Time to go eat again :)

No comments: