A vision for my life - Because what we focus on expands

Monday, July 2, 2007

07/02: One Down....

One training block down....5 to go. Somehow that sounds better to me than 18 weeks to go.

Bike time trial was great on Friday. With all of the longer, slower, "easier" workouts that make up the vast majority of training, it's nice to be able to go really hard on occasion. For the last couple of months I had been using a guesstimate for my biking lt based on my running lt, which I did test. I was close, although a little high. As it turns out, my biking lt is 171, versus the 175 I had been using. Close enough.....(lt = lactate threshold = aerobic vs anaerobic).

Gotta love recovery weeks. I enjoyed a complete day off on Saturday, which was especially nice after trashing my legs on the bike Fri night. Sunday I enjoyed one of my absolute favorite activities - a really long afternoon nap - the thunderstorms blowing through the area certainly helped that along.

I was scheduled for a 2 hour brick, and since it was still raining, I hopped on the trainer for 1:15 ride and did a 30 minute run. I've already whined enough about biking on the trainer, so I'll leave that part alone for the time being. Don't worry....over the next 18 weeks I'm quite certain I'll complain about it several more times....

Overall, the 1st 4 weeks went really well. So far I've swam 12 miles, biked 205 miles and ran almost 54 miles, logging a total of 35 hours. YIKES - looking at the numbers, I suddenly feel very tired....

So far everything's right on track. Thanks to www.breakingthetape.com for making it so easy to track all of the training and link the numbers to my blog (shameless plug).

My reward for all of the hard work (and long afternoon naps)? Lori made us a fantastic dinner last night. Thank You Lori!! Ahhh - the way to an athlete's heart....

:)

Live with Purpose....Enjoy the Adventure

No comments: