A vision for my life - Because what we focus on expands

Friday, June 1, 2007

06/01/07: Stars must be out of alignment

It's been a really rough week for me and just about everyone I know. 99% of the time I'm extremely upbeat and optimistic - this is the other 1%. Starting on Monday, the race that we flew out to Austin for was cancelled due to heavy rain (I didn't know Texas had a monsoon season), a friend's friend's 35 yr old husband died unexpectedly, and poor Kramer got attacked while being boarded :( Add to that 2 people I know had bike wrecks, exams being cancelled, etc.....

Let me start out on a good note: Austin is an amazing city.

Now onto the rest.....

As far as the tri being cancelled, I feel SO bad for the team. They worked SO hard for the last four months getting ready for the event. At least they have some good local options over the next few weeks for doing a sprint distance, and they can do either the HOT or Disney olympic distance later this summer. Hang in there guys. The good news: They raised over $20,000 for the Leukemia & Lymphoma society!!! I'm grateful I was able to be your coach over the last few month and hope this is the beginning of your triathlon journey and not the end.

Kramer has about a 6" cut that has stitches and 2 puncture wounds that seem so be healing reasonably well. He'll be fine, and already seems to be feeling much more like himself today. As I type this, he's sitting in my lap, literally. Being that he's 85 lbs, it's pretty funny.

This would have actually been funny under different circumstances: Yesterday I decided to take him to the vet so they could keep him calm in a kennel and keep an eye on him, since he was starting to scratch at his stitches. I stopped at Starbucks on the way for a DESPARATELY needed coffee (and I virtually never drink coffee). I of course left the car running with the a/c on. When I came out a minute later I found Kramer sound asleep in the back seat. He made sure he would be safe while napping by locking the car. Yip - that's right - Kramer locked me out of the car. An hour later the locksmith finally showed up to let me back in. UGHHH!!!!

Thank God this week from hell is almost over!!!!

I've done virtually no training this week, which is ok. Monday officially starts my 22 week training plan.

Let's hope the weekend improves!!!!!!!

I definitely believe that everything happens for a reason, although I'm struggling a bit to find empowering meanings in this past weeks events :(

No comments: