A vision for my life - Because what we focus on expands

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

06/20/07: Too Much?

You crack me up Tea. I love all kinds of music, except one: country. Imagine rubbing sandpaper on raw exposed nerves....yip.....PAINFUL....that's what country music does to me.....You don't by chance still have an 8-track player laying around, do you?

:)

One thing definitely comes from working out consistently week after week: you get to know your body pretty well and when you're truly overdoing it (vs coming up with excuses). This past week I've stayed right on that border.

The tri workouts seem to be going quite well. Lifting weights twice a week seems to be pushing me right up to the edge of overtraining, a really bad thing so early into my plan. Also adding to it is not getting enough sleep Sun & Mon, but that's a different story for a different blog.

My plan for today was an hour bike workout on the trainer this morning and weights tonight. When I got up I knew right away that getting on the bike this morning would do more harm then good.

Some things are musts, and some things are nice but not necessarily critical. The bike workout is a must, weights are nice, but....So I hit the snooze button (much to Kramer's dismay, since he was already up and ready to play), went back to sleep for an hour, and will hop on the trainer for an hour tonight.

If I feel good on the bike tonight, I may still head to the gym for a lighter than usual workout....just have to wait and see.

Speaking of Kramer, he's definitely feeling MUCH more like himself. I took him to the vet this morning for what is hopefully his last visit. He should be allowed to start playing with his friends again and going to the beach to play shortly. :)

2 comments:

Tea said...

YEA Kramer! I'm so glad he's getting better. Pooper and I did everything together: hiking, running, snowshoeing. I bet he just can't wait to get back to the beach!

Smart move hitting the snooze...no reason to risk injury so early in the plan.

TriShannon said...

Definitely don't want to cross that over training line. Also pay attention to your working heart rate. If you cannot get it up to normal levels it can be a sign of fatigue and that your body needs rest.

I'm on a full on rest week... cannot wait to get back to training, but know this will be good for me in the long run.